Elderly Woman's Death Considered a Homicide | News
Police are treating the death of an elderly Kansas City woman as a homicide. Officers were called to a home near Belmont Ave. and Blue Ridge around 7:30 p.m. Friday. The found a woman in her mid 70's dead inside the home.
Now, police are asking for the public's help. Officers are not saying how the woman died, but they consider her death a homicide. Neighbors seemed to be surprised that this violent crime could happen in their neighborhood.
"We saw a bunch of cars out here and we didn't know what was happening," said neighbor Janell Lyman. "Then my mom came home later saying she was found dead. It was just a shock to us."
Police are hoping to hear from people who know the woman so they can piece together what may have led to her death.
Anyone with information on the woman's death should call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kansas City community invited to interfaith service at Jewish Comm. Ctr. to honor victims
- Joe;s Weather Blog: Severe Weather And Snow
- KCMO Police Chief: 12 ‘highway shootings’ now linked, says ‘Tips will solve this’
- Missouri leaders want to work to bring Super Bowl to KC
- Kansas City police investigate 13 highway shootings, some connected
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Cavity in dental coverage in Missouri could be filled
- Four charged for alleged roles in burglary, vehicle pursuit through Kansas, Missouri
- Grandview neighborhood buzzes with police activity as suspected highway shooter arrested
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Neighbor hailed a hero after rescuing toddlers from burning apartment
- Independence police arrest four people who tried to escape them
- KC Forum: Protection, Drama and Human Trafficking
- City of Independence to Host the 2015-16 Division I Women’s Basketball National Championships
- FBI seeks man who robbed KC bank, left scene on foot