Elderly Woman's Death Considered a Homicide | News
Police are treating the death of an elderly Kansas City woman as a homicide. Officers were called to a home near Belmont Ave. and Blue Ridge around 7:30 p.m. Friday. The found a woman in her mid 70's dead inside the home.
Now, police are asking for the public's help. Officers are not saying how the woman died, but they consider her death a homicide. Neighbors seemed to be surprised that this violent crime could happen in their neighborhood.
"We saw a bunch of cars out here and we didn't know what was happening," said neighbor Janell Lyman. "Then my mom came home later saying she was found dead. It was just a shock to us."
Police are hoping to hear from people who know the woman so they can piece together what may have led to her death.
Anyone with information on the woman's death should call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Release of documents, video raise more questions in Daisy Coleman case
- Man sentenced for death of MoDOT worker
- Pitcher Luke Hochevar to have ‘Tommy John surgery’
- Remember: A woman and girl murdered in KC, but whose bodies were never found
- Two from Sedalia die when another driver crashes into their disabled car
- Neighbor “shocked,” prosecutor still has many questions about baby found in cave
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- 3-year-old from Bolivar, Mo. found safe in Springfield, Alert cancelled
- Vote leaves KC ordinance regarding drunken gun carriers unenforceable
- Young girl shut down in quest for answers about her deported father