Elderly Woman's Death Considered a Homicide | News
Police are treating the death of an elderly Kansas City woman as a homicide. Officers were called to a home near Belmont Ave. and Blue Ridge around 7:30 p.m. Friday. The found a woman in her mid 70's dead inside the home.
Now, police are asking for the public's help. Officers are not saying how the woman died, but they consider her death a homicide. Neighbors seemed to be surprised that this violent crime could happen in their neighborhood.
"We saw a bunch of cars out here and we didn't know what was happening," said neighbor Janell Lyman. "Then my mom came home later saying she was found dead. It was just a shock to us."
Police are hoping to hear from people who know the woman so they can piece together what may have led to her death.
Anyone with information on the woman's death should call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- In advance of rematch with Denver, Hali looks to play
- The Weather Team’s Blog: Karli And Mike’s Winter Forecast
- December could bring surge in shoppers for health insurance
- FOX 4 Prep Report: Some expect deep playoff run, others getting first crack
- Council introduces ordinance that may have red-light cameras rolling again