Hit and Run Crash Devastates Family | News
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Christopher Randolph, Senior, a husband of 14 years, a father of six and a temporary, labor worker from Kansas City, Missouri was well loved by many.
“My brother was a real sweetie and a very nice guy, ” says Linda Tolston.
Investigators with the Kansas Highway Patrol say around 2:30 Saturday morning Randolph was putting gas in his van that broke down on I-35, north of College Boulevard in Johnson County, when a driver of a silver, Chevy Silverado, hit Chris and killed him.
Troopers say after the deadly wreck, the driver ran from the scene.
“It’s very devastating, very devastating. Nobody wants to go through this, ” says Randolph’s wife, Glenda.
“Whoever you are, you really and truly took away a really good person. Turn yourself in and give our family some closure, ” added Randolph’s sister, Linda Tolston.
Investigators urge anyone, who witnessed the deadly hit and run, to call the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Release of documents, video raise more questions in Daisy Coleman case
- Man sentenced for death of MoDOT worker
- Pitcher Luke Hochevar to have ‘Tommy John surgery’
- Remember: A woman and girl murdered in KC, but whose bodies were never found
- Two from Sedalia die when another driver crashes into their disabled car
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- 3-year-old from Bolivar, Mo. found safe in Springfield, Alert cancelled
- Vote leaves KC ordinance regarding drunken gun carriers unenforceable
- Young girl shut down in quest for answers about her deported father
- Fruitless marketing makes business manager see red over Yellow Pages contract