Hit and Run Crash Devastates Family | News
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Christopher Randolph, Senior, a husband of 14 years, a father of six and a temporary, labor worker from Kansas City, Missouri was well loved by many.
“My brother was a real sweetie and a very nice guy, ” says Linda Tolston.
Investigators with the Kansas Highway Patrol say around 2:30 Saturday morning Randolph was putting gas in his van that broke down on I-35, north of College Boulevard in Johnson County, when a driver of a silver, Chevy Silverado, hit Chris and killed him.
Troopers say after the deadly wreck, the driver ran from the scene.
“It’s very devastating, very devastating. Nobody wants to go through this, ” says Randolph’s wife, Glenda.
“Whoever you are, you really and truly took away a really good person. Turn yourself in and give our family some closure, ” added Randolph’s sister, Linda Tolston.
Investigators urge anyone, who witnessed the deadly hit and run, to call the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kansas City community invited to interfaith service at Jewish Comm. Ctr. to honor victims
- Joe;s Weather Blog: Severe Weather And Snow
- KCMO Police Chief: 12 ‘highway shootings’ now linked, says ‘Tips will solve this’
- Missouri leaders want to work to bring Super Bowl to KC
- Kansas City police investigate 13 highway shootings, some connected
- Neighbor hailed a hero after rescuing toddlers from burning apartment
- Independence police arrest four people who tried to escape them
- KC Forum: Protection, Drama and Human Trafficking
- City of Independence to Host the 2015-16 Division I Women’s Basketball National Championships
- FBI seeks man who robbed KC bank, left scene on foot