Kansas City Police to Hold Tweet-Along Friday Night | News
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City police will once again give the public a first-hand look at what happens on an officer’s typical shift via Twitter through a “tweet-along.”
From about 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday, Dec. 28, a member of the department’s Media Unit will ride along with officers in the Central Patrol Division and tweet everything that happens. The public is invited to follow along at twitter.com/kcpolice. The event will use the hashtag #kctweetalong.
In doing so, Kansas City Police Chief Darryl Forté hopes to give the public a better idea of what officers face on a given shift.
Any information that could endanger that could endanger someone such as victims’ names or addresses will not be tweeted.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Independence police arrest four people who tried to escape them
- KC Forum: Protection, Drama and Human Trafficking
- City of Independence to Host the 2015-16 Division I Women’s Basketball National Championships
- FBI seeks man who robbed KC bank, left scene on foot
- Mother files wrongful death suit against police officers who killed her son