Groupon Holsters Gun Deals | News
OLATHE, Kan. — When you’re looking for a good deal, you might check out the website Groupon, which teams up with local businesses to offer specials and save you money.
But, Groupon decided to suspend its gun-related offers indefinitely.
John Ralph owns the Olathe-based OMB Guns. He told FOX 4 he began working with Groupon several months ago and said it was a huge success.
“I love it. I mean love it. It’s been packed — it’s been great — very sad they are ending the program right now,” Ralph said.
In an email to media, a representative for Groupon said the company “has been testing firearm-related deals, including shooting ranges and concealed weapons courses for the last 8 months. Based on performance and customer and merchant feedback, it’s clear they’re not a fit right now,” Julie Mossler said.
Ralph said he’s not quite sure what that means, but said his customers don’t need to worry.
“We’ll honor every Groupon that’s out there now,” he said.
Ralph said he believes it’s a knee-jerk reaction and the company is trying to be “politically correct,” but going about it all wrong.
“What they really don’t get is the true politics of everything is our second amendment rights, so they hurt the law-abiding citizen is what they are doing,” he said.
Ralph said “deal” or “no deal,” the decision isn’t going to hurt his business’ bottom line, but he said if Groupon wants to rethink that decision, he’s ready for them to come back.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Release of documents, video raise more questions in Daisy Coleman case
- Man sentenced for death of MoDOT worker
- Pitcher Luke Hochevar to have ‘Tommy John surgery’
- Remember: A woman and girl murdered in KC, but whose bodies were never found
- Two from Sedalia die when another driver crashes into their disabled car
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- 3-year-old from Bolivar, Mo. found safe in Springfield, Alert cancelled
- Vote leaves KC ordinance regarding drunken gun carriers unenforceable
- Young girl shut down in quest for answers about her deported father
- Fruitless marketing makes business manager see red over Yellow Pages contract