Groupon Holsters Gun Deals | News
OLATHE, Kan. — When you’re looking for a good deal, you might check out the website Groupon, which teams up with local businesses to offer specials and save you money.
But, Groupon decided to suspend its gun-related offers indefinitely.
John Ralph owns the Olathe-based OMB Guns. He told FOX 4 he began working with Groupon several months ago and said it was a huge success.
“I love it. I mean love it. It’s been packed — it’s been great — very sad they are ending the program right now,” Ralph said.
In an email to media, a representative for Groupon said the company “has been testing firearm-related deals, including shooting ranges and concealed weapons courses for the last 8 months. Based on performance and customer and merchant feedback, it’s clear they’re not a fit right now,” Julie Mossler said.
Ralph said he’s not quite sure what that means, but said his customers don’t need to worry.
“We’ll honor every Groupon that’s out there now,” he said.
Ralph said he believes it’s a knee-jerk reaction and the company is trying to be “politically correct,” but going about it all wrong.
“What they really don’t get is the true politics of everything is our second amendment rights, so they hurt the law-abiding citizen is what they are doing,” he said.
Ralph said “deal” or “no deal,” the decision isn’t going to hurt his business’ bottom line, but he said if Groupon wants to rethink that decision, he’s ready for them to come back.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kansas City community invited to interfaith service at Jewish Comm. Ctr. to honor victims
- Joe;s Weather Blog: Severe Weather And Snow
- KCMO Police Chief: 12 ‘highway shootings’ now linked, says ‘Tips will solve this’
- Missouri leaders want to work to bring Super Bowl to KC
- Kansas City police investigate 13 highway shootings, some connected
- Neighbor hailed a hero after rescuing toddlers from burning apartment
- Independence police arrest four people who tried to escape them
- KC Forum: Protection, Drama and Human Trafficking
- City of Independence to Host the 2015-16 Division I Women’s Basketball National Championships
- FBI seeks man who robbed KC bank, left scene on foot