KCMO begins leaf, brush collection in April | News
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The city of Kansas City, Mo., will begin its springtime curbside leaf and brush collection on Monday, April 1.
Residents who live in the “Central Zone” — between the Missouri River south to 63rd Street and west of Blue Ridge Cutoff — will receive leaf and brush collection the week of April 1.
Residents who live in the “South Zone” — between 63rd Street and the southern City limit and east of Blue Ridge Cutoff — will receive collection the week of April 8.
Residents who live in the “North Zone” — between the Missouri River north to the City’s northern city limit — will receive collection the week of April 15.
On their regularly designated trash pickup day, residents may place up to 20 bags or bundles of leaf and brush at the curb by 7 a.m.
Here are the collection rules:
Sacks and bundles must not weigh more than 40 pounds each
- Use only paper lawn debris sacks. No plastic bags.
- If you seal sacks, use masking tape only; do not use plastic or duct tape.
- No grass clippings. No trash.
- All branches must be bundled. Branches must not be more than 3 inches in diameter.
- Bundles of branches must not be more than 2 feet in diameter and not more than 4 feet long.
- Use twine or jute rope to tie bundles; do not use wire or plastic tape.
- If wet weather is forecast, cover sacks/bundles with clear plastic.
Residents may also use the City’s three leaf and brush drop-off centers.
For more information about the leaf and brush drop-off centers, trash, recycling and solid waste services, please visit www.kcmo.org/trash or call the 311 Call Center at 816-513-1313 or 311.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kansas City community invited to interfaith service at Jewish Comm. Ctr. to honor victims
- Joe;s Weather Blog: Severe Weather And Snow
- KCMO Police Chief: 12 ‘highway shootings’ now linked, says ‘Tips will solve this’
- Missouri leaders want to work to bring Super Bowl to KC
- Kansas City police investigate 13 highway shootings, some connected
- Joe’s Weather Blog: Rain Chances/Frost Opportunity/Snow?
- Neighbor hailed a hero after rescuing toddlers from burning apartment
- Independence police arrest four people who tried to escape them
- KC Forum: Protection, Drama and Human Trafficking
- City of Independence to Host the 2015-16 Division I Women’s Basketball National Championships