Fellow Airman Arrested in Disappearance of Missing Missouri Airman | News
ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Fellow airman James Thomas, 24, was arrested and named a person of interest in the disappearance of Senior Airman Clinton Reeves, 22, missing since April 22.
Thomas has been charged with six counts of tampering with physical evidence. His bail was set at $25,000 cash.
Investigators recovered a body from the area where Reeves was last suspected to be, but police have not made a positive identification. Detectives continue to investigate Reeves’ disappearance as an open missing person’s case and suspect foul play was involved.
The identity of the body recovered was thought to be released on Wednesday, but as of the time of this posting, it has not.
We will have more information as it becomes available. Refresh this page for updates.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kansas City community invited to interfaith service at Jewish Comm. Ctr. to honor victims
- Joe;s Weather Blog: Severe Weather And Snow
- KCMO Police Chief: 12 ‘highway shootings’ now linked, says ‘Tips will solve this’
- Missouri leaders want to work to bring Super Bowl to KC
- Kansas City police investigate 13 highway shootings, some connected
- Joe’s Weather Blog: Spring For Now
- Son worried by possibility of plea deal for man accused of killing his dad
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Cavity in dental coverage in Missouri could be filled
- Four charged for alleged roles in burglary, vehicle pursuit through Kansas, Missouri
- Joe’s Weather Blog: Rain Chances/Frost Opportunity/Snow?
- Neighbor hailed a hero after rescuing toddlers from burning apartment
- Independence police arrest four people who tried to escape them
- KC Forum: Protection, Drama and Human Trafficking
- City of Independence to Host the 2015-16 Division I Women’s Basketball National Championships