Chiefs Sign Four Draft Picks, Begin Minicamp | News
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs inked half of their 2012 draft class on Friday morning.
Among those agreeing to four-year deals were San Diego State defensive tackle Jerome Long, and Michigan wide receiver Junior Hemingway, both seventh-round picks. Texas A&M running back Cyrus Gray, a sixth-round pick, and Fresno State WR Devon Wylie, a fourth-round pick, also agreed to four-year deals.
All 15 undrafted rookie free agents also signed contracts.
Kansas City’s three-day rookie mini-camp began on Friday. All eight draft picks, 15 undrafted rookie free agents, and 10 tryout players will be in attendance.
Former Missouri Tigers tight end Martin Rucker is one of the 10 tryout players vying for a roster spot in Kansas City this weekend. Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel drafted Rucker in the fourth-round of the 2008 NFL Draft during his tenure as HC of the Cleveland Browns.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Release of documents, video raise more questions in Daisy Coleman case
- Man sentenced for death of MoDOT worker
- Pitcher Luke Hochevar to have ‘Tommy John surgery’
- Remember: A woman and girl murdered in KC, but whose bodies were never found
- Two from Sedalia die when another driver crashes into their disabled car
- Federal judge upholds Missouri limit on funeral protests
- Neighbor “shocked,” prosecutor still has many questions about baby found in cave
- Two charged in regards to baby found in Warrensburg, Mo. cave
- 3-year-old from Bolivar, Mo. found safe in Springfield, Alert cancelled
- Vote leaves KC ordinance regarding drunken gun carriers unenforceable