Chiefs Sign Four Draft Picks, Begin Minicamp | News
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs inked half of their 2012 draft class on Friday morning.
Among those agreeing to four-year deals were San Diego State defensive tackle Jerome Long, and Michigan wide receiver Junior Hemingway, both seventh-round picks. Texas A&M running back Cyrus Gray, a sixth-round pick, and Fresno State WR Devon Wylie, a fourth-round pick, also agreed to four-year deals.
All 15 undrafted rookie free agents also signed contracts.
Kansas City’s three-day rookie mini-camp began on Friday. All eight draft picks, 15 undrafted rookie free agents, and 10 tryout players will be in attendance.
Former Missouri Tigers tight end Martin Rucker is one of the 10 tryout players vying for a roster spot in Kansas City this weekend. Chiefs head coach Romeo Crennel drafted Rucker in the fourth-round of the 2008 NFL Draft during his tenure as HC of the Cleveland Browns.
Upcoming Events near Jackson County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kansas City community invited to interfaith service at Jewish Comm. Ctr. to honor victims
- Joe;s Weather Blog: Severe Weather And Snow
- KCMO Police Chief: 12 ‘highway shootings’ now linked, says ‘Tips will solve this’
- Missouri leaders want to work to bring Super Bowl to KC
- Kansas City police investigate 13 highway shootings, some connected
- Former roommate says suspected shooter looks much different than he remembers
- Cavity in dental coverage in Missouri could be filled
- Four charged for alleged roles in burglary, vehicle pursuit through Kansas, Missouri
- Grandview neighborhood buzzes with police activity as suspected highway shooter arrested
- Police credit tips, collaborative investigating as keys to arresting shooting suspect
- Neighbor hailed a hero after rescuing toddlers from burning apartment
- Independence police arrest four people who tried to escape them
- KC Forum: Protection, Drama and Human Trafficking
- City of Independence to Host the 2015-16 Division I Women’s Basketball National Championships
- FBI seeks man who robbed KC bank, left scene on foot